Saturday, May 20, 2006

right of review

I do a fair bit of peer review at work.
It's not fair.
It's easy to look at something that's there and find holes, or make suggestions.
I don't like doing it...


But part of me does.
It's the part that wants to help others. I'm able to add my input to the code to help the developer see what they could do better. This is a great way to share techniques and improve code quality.

One thing that I think really helps your own code is to write it and then review it yourself. This way, you can get something working and then make it better.

This is all part of XP/Agile.
Get something down.
See how it works.
Look for improvements.
Discover the design.
Only do what needs to be done.
Don't borrow trouble from the future.
Stop when it's good enough...

No comments: