Friday, August 04, 2006

quote of the week

I gave a presentation the other week about how we want to improve the current situation of the interaction between the support group and the business.

I had a slide that had the following line:

"more transparent and more visible"

Apparently the Business Analysts section decided that it was their quote of the week...

I know it sounds contradictory, but I'm wasn't after the literal meaning of those words. What I meant was:
- more transparent, so that the business can see exactly what we're doing, when we're doing it. This helps to improve trust.
- move visible, so that the business sees that we are there and know what we do for them. This helps to improve communication.

Both communication and trust are very important if you want to improve the acceptance of agile methods and get the business to become more involved and receptive.

Without trust and communication, you're fighting an uphill battle to get positive changes made.

No comments: