Sunday, January 28, 2007

something stupid

I've done something stupid - I've put in a bid to present a talk at the next CodeCampOz.

It's now under consideration. I'm not sure that it will be accepted, but if it does, then I'll really have to get organised.

It's going to be on coding techniques. This something that I think is very important.

In my opinion, the key is to be able to adapt to change, whether it be from:
- business decisions,
- improvements in your knowledge, or,
- some other thing that happens.

Basically it's about structure and techniques. Structure is more important than the lines (as long as the code does what it's supposed to do, but that's a given.)

One reason I want to do this is that I really enjoy the buzz from speaking in front of people. Don't get me wrong - it scares the crap out of me, but at the same time, it's fantastic.

Another is that I want to share what I know. I've invested a lot of time in reading and considering how I work and I'd like to pass that on to others.

The only thing that scares me about this is that I'll present the talk and then everyone will say, I already knew that.

But if I can help one person, then I'll be happy...

No comments: